Friday, January 23, 2015

Tonkatsu by Terazawa for Jon's birthday

 I gave Jon a gift certificate from the Bistro group of companies for his birthday. Little did I know that he would use that to treat us for his birthday.

I was a bit scared that he would go over budget since I looked up the price range of the meals there and I saw that it would be around P400/person without drinks.
 Luckily, they had a cheaper set meal of P295/person for 80 grams of either the pork loin or pork fillet meals that come with unlimited cabbage, rice , and miso soup!
 I like how the meals are presented. They also come with pickled veggies and corn bits sprinkled with some spices to awaken your taste buds if they get tired of all the pork.

I haven't tried all the other expensive katsu places but I'm quite satisfied with what we had. The pork was tender and delicious, the serving was quite alright if you pair each bite with lots of rice and veggies. I also loved the soup, clear and perfect after all the rich food we ate for New Year's.

If you want a more tender meat, you might want to order the pork loin, which also has more fat. The pork fillet cut is a bit chewier, but it doesn't have the evil fat bits, which might be the better choice for the health-conscious folks who still want to eat deep-fried pork.

Customers have a clear view of the kitchen if you're curious as to how your meal is cooked.

On a funny note, they have a cute little restroom at the back which has all the bells and whistles as well as an abundance of toilet paper: I think I saw 3 types of dispensers. :P

Tonkatsu by Terazawa is at Greenbelt 2, Makati City.

No comments:

linkwithin

”related
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...