Monday, February 23, 2009

say goodbye to Quad

Do you have memories of Quad, a.k.a. Glorietta 1? Well hold on to them coz that's all that'll be left once Ayala renovates yet again.

I remember watching movies there like the atrocious Shake Rattle and Roll 5 and the delightful Mga Pusang Gala. And all the hours I spent at National Bookstore reading comicbooks and picking out children's books... National will move to Glorietta 5 or Greenbelt or something... all these mall renovations are really confusing my childhood memories. Even Landmark is changing to look like its sister store in Trinoma.

On the right side of photo is one side of National Bookstore which is connected to Quad's entrance on the left which is now covered by a metal gate. They've already taken down the Glorietta 1 sign above the Cinema marquee.

---------Meanwhile, in other news, I rode my first electric jeepney yesterday and I wouldn't have known it had I not seen the words "green technology" on the side of the jeep. I knew they'd been plying the Ayala route for over a year now but it was a pleasant surprise to find one going my way. Unlike the Ayala e-jeeps, this one looks exactly like any ordinary jeep except that it was painted green all over and instead of speed and oil gauges, it had small colored lights with masking tape stickers indicating "charge", "oil" and "check engine". But what really caught my attention was how quiet it was. The driver didn't turn on the radio so all I could hear was how noisy all the other vehicles were with their engines. And when I got off, I also noted that it didn't have an exhaust pipe either.One officemate was so intrigued he wondered if he could have his car converted as well. Man, if all the jeeps were like this, how peaceful and clean and liveable our cities would be! Good work, Makati!

No comments:

linkwithin

”related
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...