Monday, May 25, 2009

a trip to UP diliman and Antipolo

While we were in Coron, I missed the opening of our group exhibit called "the Panel Collective." It was really an exhibit of comic book panels but the only artworks I had that were available were my t-shirt works. We had no idea how to display my shirts so I just hung them on hangers and printed out the heads of my artworks to mirror the shirts they were wearing. Admiring a classmates witty exhibit pieces
Artists who made it to the opening of the exhibitMy stuff!!!
It's just too bad that a freak thunderstorm flooded Manila at the time so people, even some of the artists were unable to come.

We were able to visit the Vargas museum the weekend after our trip to Coron and were very impressed by the works. It's still ongoing till June 28 so I hope more people can come!

This was the first time my family had visited UP Diliman not counting entrance exams and graduation so I toured them around and took them to the Parish of the Holy Sacrifice, which features the works of 4 National artists, Leandro Locsin, Napoleon Abueva, Arturo Luz and Vicente Manansala. Wow, that's an art gallery by itself!

Ma admiring a statue of Mama Mary
It is just so sad that the murals are slowly peeling off due to exposure to the elements...

Then we went to Chocolate Kiss, the pricey resto of my socially progressive school...
before going to Antipolo church for our annual tradition of hearing mass and buying cashews !

Finally, the sulit family had dinner at a small carinderia which served a hot bowl of lomi and paksiw na lechon!

No comments:

linkwithin

”related
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...