Tuesday, November 15, 2011

christmas gift ideas

It's that time of the year again and if you're wracking your brain trying to figure out what to give your kids, I have a suggestion! It's Philippine-made and educational,too.
These are cute stuffed toys of rare indigenous Pinoy animals like the tarsier, whale shark and the Philippine eagle. I've seen these in their store and they are really excellent. The attention to detail is laudable. Unfortunately, they are not for sale. You can only get one if you spend P10,000 (single receipt) at their store.

Since I am not a Zobel, I went over to SM's Kultura store and found some cute animal puppets by Filipups. They're not as well-made as the ones in Rustans but because they're puppets, they're more interactive. Kids can put them on their hands and make up their own stories. I remember  the fun I had with my raggedy lion from fischer -price, i think. And Nico wanted the evil cat I made in college but I was afraid it was so dirty it would give him asthma. So I hope he'll settle for this instead.
Shark puppet--but a puppet butanding would be cooler!

Philippine eagle with baby eagle sold separately.

A sea turtle that inflates in water!

Palawan peacock with a long tail included

Mynah bird that looks like a penguin. They also have a warthog and a tamaraw but they were out of stock in SM Makati

They come with a tag about the real animal but if you can find a small book about Philippine animals, that would be a home run.

No comments:

linkwithin

”related
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...