Sunday, January 20, 2013

Strawberry shortcake:Fast and sneaky

Here's how I make a no-bake strawberry cheesecake. It's really just a variation of my  peaches and cream refrigerator cake.
I bought strawberry jam just in case I ran out of strawberries but I didn't



I just need:
2 packs of  strawberries
2 cartons all-purpose cream
condensed milk
2 packs Uncle George mamon rolls / cupcakes (this is the sneaky no-bake part! Substitute mamon for chiffon cake!)

optional: cashew nuts or walnuts
dark chocolate

Step1: Wash and slice the strawberries
Papa thought I was slicing hotdogs

Step2: Cut the mamon in half and stuff them into the container. Fill up all the cracks between the mamon with bits of mamon
I wasn't thinking clearly and bought only 1 pack of mamon so I had to run out and buy cupcakes from the local bakery 

Step 3: Whip cream and add some condensed milk according to your preference. Chopped nuts and chocolate may also be added. Pour half onto the mamon layer.

Step 4: Add half of the sliced strawberries. Repeat steps 2-4.

Step 5: Chill in fridge to set. Done!
Also, if you have extra mamon and other ingredients left over, you can make strawberry cupcakes!

No comments:

linkwithin

”related
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...