Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Random adventures in food

 My aunt sent us a big slab of smoked salmon and I thought I'd make a salmon and cream cheese spread just like the one Chef Jessie Sincioco of 100 Revolving Restaurant makes.



 I made the first half of the salmon as instructed in the box, cooked in butter and lemon. It was okay, but I added lots of fried garlic for an added kick!

For the sandwich spread, I bought cream cheese and spring onion.
 I just chopped the salmon up and added the cheese and spring onion. It was good, but not as good as Chef Jessie's.
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 One of my favorite restos when I'm sick of the usual fast food is Bacolod Chicken Inasal. The food is always flavorful and the prices quite reasonable. I love their Batchoy (solo with egg, P85)
Lemonade at P59 to slice through the MSG :D 
I've also tried their chicken combo meals and I left feeling very satisfied. In fact, the only thing I didn't like is that their buko pandan dessert has kaong or nata de coco bits. I'm a purist. Just the coconut and gelatin, please!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another old reliable is French Baker. I always went here back in my college days when I felt like I deserved a reward. They are a tad pricier than most fast food restos, but the food is consistently excellent, just don't ask me if they're really French!
 You can order anything on their menu and I bet you'll be satisfied! Mama ordered the steak sandwich (P110) and she said it was excellent.
 I always order the Burger steak. The beef is so juicy  and the serving is so generous! Really worth it at  P125!
They've also jumped onto the cronut bandwagon but my mom was hesistant to buy a lot for fear of being disappointed. We really shouldn't have doubted French Baker. This was one of the best I've tasted! And at just P68, the best value for money! 

No comments:

linkwithin

”related
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...