Monday, May 07, 2007

Antipolo

Nuestra Senora de Paz y Bienviaje



I got a call at work from my sister telling me we were going to Antipolo the next day because we always go in May. So, off we went and naturally, the church was filled to the rafters and spilled all the way out to the parking lot.

Lots of people go here especially before leaving for foreign shores or have their new vehicles blessed because this is the church of Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage. I go because we get to buy kasuy and suman and other fruits after mass.
Summer fruits: Duhat, kasuy still attached to its fruit, lanzones,mangoes, mangosteen, santol, green mangoes and siniguelas


Not the horse we grew up with. This new papier mache horse rocks like a hobbyhorse

I find the new additions they've made to the altar a tad too over- the- top. All the gold and the large paintings are distracting...but I do like the stained glass.
Jesus works out---he has abs!

No comments:

linkwithin

”related
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...